The sea is a valuable source of healing and well-being. Thalassotherapy is an alternative therapy that takes advantage of its nourishing and soothing properties. The term comes from the Greek word "Thalassa," meaning ocean. Today, thalassotherapy is one of the treatments we can receive at coastal 'spas' and wellness clinics, involving bathing, exercise, and using marine products such as Marine Green Clay or SEA SILT.
The popularity of thalassotherapy has increased significantly in recent years. As a result, some of the world's most exclusive 'spas' specialize in this form of therapy. This treatment consists of preparing the skin with abundant nutrients isolated from seawater, which are absorbed into the skin through warm seawater baths or by directly applying sea mud wraps and masks.
SEA SILT, also known as marine mud, is a sediment present in the ocean floor and is considered very valuable for being one of the purest natural products on the planet.
Used since ancient times by the Greeks and Romans for its preventive and curative properties, it can be found in the largest salt lake in Europe, a protected area of 1,600 square kilometers in southeastern Spain, in Murcia, an ideal destination for thalassotherapy lovers, thanks to the healing properties of the Sea Minor mud and its wide range of spas and thermal spas.
Sea Silt is commonly used in soaps, creams, deodorants, body wraps, peels and scrubs, shampoos, and facial and hair masks.
Properties and Benefits of Green Sea Clay
Sea mud is one of the purest natural products, especially rich in oxygen, purifying clay, trace elements, sulfur, mineral salts, iodine, and other organic components such as chlorophyll. Obtained using a unique extraction process, resulting in an ultra-fine powder, it shows visible results after the first applications and on all skin types and conditions.
Green marine clay provides
- Intensive moisturizing.
- Reducing transepidermal moisture loss.
- Activating the skin's protective functions.
- Improving elasticity.
- Nourishing the skin with minerals and trace elements.
It is ideal for all skin types, from mature and sensitive skin to acne-prone or combination skin.
Mineral Composition of SEA SILT
Chloride: Vital for proper cellular metabolism.
Sodium: Assists in fighting free radicals formed in the skin; attenuates skin aging.
Magnesium: Increases the production of antioxidants; insufficient levels of manganese can lead to dermatitis.
Sulfur: Important for collagen synthesis and healthy skin keratinization.
Calcium: Strengthens cell membranes; aids skin cell metabolism; essential for healing wounds and preventing infections; helps clean pores.
Potassium: Regulates the transfer of nutrients across cell membranes; helps prevent the formation of free radicals; helps prevent acne.
Bromine: Stimulates the skin's natural repair process; acts as a natural antibiotic; helps relieve discomfort associated with skin diseases.
Boron: Plays a crucial role in maintaining transmembrane functionality.
Fluoride: Promotes healthy skin and nails.
Strontium: Plays a role in forming connective tissue and reduces sensory irritation such as stinging, burning, itching, and inflammation.
Silicon: Important for maintaining proper skin thickness and strength and for collagen production.
The Benefits of SEA SILT for Skin
It eliminates dead skin, performing a deep cleanse that leaves the skin free of toxins and oxygenated, thus activating cell renewal for toned and hydrated skin. It also has a mild exfoliating action that removes hardness from heels, elbows, and calluses.
It is an excellent anti-sebum, unclogs pores, and is ideal for oily skin. It also helps fight acne and rosacea.
It is anti-aging because it promotes the disappearance of wrinkles and expression lines. In addition, it provides elasticity, vitality, firmness, and softness to the skin.
It balances the skin's pH and restores its natural flora, creating a protective barrier that neutralizes aggressive agents and prevents the proliferation of bacteria.
It treats cellulite and flabbiness, activating the lymphatic and venous circulation and helping to restore collagen and elastin fibers due to the high silica, magnesium, zinc, and copper content.
It has anti-stress properties, relaxing physically and mentally.
Healing action. It helps to heal wounds, ulcers, bites, burns, and sores.
Deflates and soothes. It is ideal for various muscular problems such as contractures and muscular pains.
Deep Cleansing Mask with SEA SILT
Green sea clay is a versatile ingredient suitable for all skin types, including mature and sensitive skin, effectively helping to clean clogged pores. To the properties of SEA SILT, we add rose water, a well-known facial toner for cleansing the skin, with a decongesting effect and protecting against free radicals.
As well as a lavender essential oil, which moisturizes and calms the skin, mind, and senses, inhibits the proliferation of bacteria, and tones and revitalizes the skin.
Sea Silt Mask Ingredients
Foundinbio Green Marine Clay - 1 tablespoon
Lavender Essential Oil - 2-3 drops
Rose Water - 2 or 3 tablespoons
Preparation and application
- Place and tablespoon of SEA SILT in a glass bowl. Depending on the area you wish to cover with the mask, you can put more (neck and neckline).
- Add the rose water and stir well until it forms a homogeneous paste, not too liquid or thick. Since green sea clay is an ultra-fine powder, add the rose water gradually and mix until you get a smooth homogeneous paste.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil for a moisturizing and soothing effect. One of the benefits of applying a green sea clay mask to the face is to balance the natural oil (sebum) that the skin produces. Adding a few drops of oil will bring a moisturizing effect and leave the skin soft.
- Apply the mask with a brush or fingers on clean skin without makeup. If you apply your mask with your fingers, it is essential to have your hands well-washed. Always avoid the area around the eyes and lips.
- Leave the mask on for 10 to 15 minutes, and do not touch your face, nose, or eyes.
- Remove the mask gently, with water at room temperature if your skin is more oily or with warm water if your skin is dehydrated, as warm water helps to stimulate the skin's natural oiliness.
- Moisturize with a natural organic cream or oil or your moisturizer of choice.
Is Marine Green Clay the unknown hero ingredient we never knew we needed until now? Here at foundinbio, you can find the sea green clay, known as SEA SILT, and discover the power of this wonder of nature.
Marine Cosmeceuticals - Sea Water and Sea Mud in, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/299830501_Sea_Water_and_Sea_Mud